Maikling Kwento By Manny Ison Batch 1986

Lunes, Pebrero 9, 2009

ONCE UPON A TIME IN PEKING

Peking Park 2002.

“hi, how are you?, my name is Lu Yong

“hi I'm Jay”

“what nationality are you, how long you’ve been here?”

“I do business here, I'm working in an architectural company by the way
I'm a filipino”

“fei lu bin that’s part lower south of China”

“yeah, you’re good in english”

‘I study english regularly, my school provided that, here in China if you can speak
english you get a good job for a chinese people like me , are you an architect?”

“nope i’m more on engineering, I've been here since last 8 months”

“how do you find China?”

“cold, nice people, nice food”

“I'm a student from art school just near Tianamen, have you been there”

“yeah last week with my boss Vincent Cheng, nice park”

“do you remember something there from the past?”

“yeah, the people revolution fighting for democracy”

“yeah you got it, can I have you a question Jay?”

“sure, you’re in a middle of many questions”

“ha ha ha, thanks, do you agree that Communism is good?”

“yeah, it’s also good, state is more important than people, I learned that during my high
school times hi hi hi”

“sometimes I do not believe in what you said, but I wonder many people like it”

“past is different from now Lu, you’re country open the door inspite of that”

“have you heard that many lose their lives there in Tianamen?”

“yeah about hundreds”

“no ,communism block all the foreign reporters that time, a total news blackout”

“do you mean a thousand died there?”

“yeah more than a thousand when supporters become big to agree what they're fighting for”

“I'm totally shock in what you said I thought that it's a mild situation & under control”

“thats the real story and many people didn’t know about that”

“by the way Lu, do you want coffee, or something?”

Thanks Jay, im ok, thanks for the time you will find me there in a dimsum house, my aunt owned that”

“ok I'll drop there sometimes this week Lu, thanks too for the info”


Jay noticed the ID of Lu left on top of the concrete park chair where they seated. He immediately call Lu but
he was gone already. He decided to go to the dimsum house few meters from the park to find Lu Yong.


“nin hao ma? wo fengyou Lu Yong, wo yao gei ta ID” Jay says to Aunt Xiao

‘you can speak english, don’t worry I'm educated like him” she replied

“sorry I thought you don’t understand English”

“common sit, I'll bring you some tea, its September now so you will taste the sweetness of our
mooncake for free”

‘thanks, but I'm just giving his ID to him, is he there?”

“you’re the 13th foreigner experienced this kind of situation, Lu Yong was one of the victim of Tianamen Massacre
he come and come yearly to say what he want to say to a foreigner like you”

Jay was shock upon looking of Lu’s picture in a frame attached to the wall looking at him with the same clothes he wear
a while ago.
posted by RCGoCreations at 11:08 AM

0 Comments:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

<< Home